We work with Breastfeed Atlanta to provide in-office lactation support! We provide prenatal classes, lactation consultation, breast pump rentals and more! We hope you find our services useful!
Some useful information related to breastfeeding.
I wish someone had told me… before I started breastfeeding.
General Breastfeeding Resources
- Breastfeeding Made Simple: Seven Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers by Kathleen Kendall-Tackett and Nancy Mohrbacher
- Breastfeeding : A Parent’s Guide by (Atlanta’s own) Amy Spangler
- The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers by Jack Newman, MD and Teresa Pitman
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League International
- Adoptive Nursing and Relactation: Adoptive Nursing and Relactation by the Australian Breastfeeding Association
For Multiple Births:
- Mothering Multiples by Karen Gromada
- The Parent’s Guide to Raising Twins by Elizabeth Friedrich and Cherry Rowland
Milk Protein Allergy
- Hand expression is a lost art. If done correctly, many women feel that they are better able to express milk with less pain. Some women can express more milk via hand expression than an electric breast pump. This link provides a wonderful video tutorial on how to hand express breastmilk: http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/HandExpression.html