Breastfeeding – see our page on Breastfeeding
Great information on Immunizations can be found here!
In need of medication dosages? Be sure to check out this page!
Nutrition information can be found here!
- What’s Going on in There? How the Brain and Mind Develop in the First Five Years of Life , Lise Elliot PhD
- 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 by Thomas W. Phelan
- The 5 Love Languages of Children by Gary D Chapman, Ross Campbell
Constipation and Encopresis
- Freeing Your Child from Anxiety: Powerful, Practical Solutions to Overcome Your Child’s Fears, Worries, and Phobias by Tamar Chansky Ph.D\
- What to Do When You Worry Too Much: A Kid’s Guide to Overcoming Anxiety by Dawn Huebner
- Still Quiet Place: Mindfulness for Young Children by Amy Salzman
- Relaxation and Self-Regulation Techniques for Children and Teens: Mastering the Mind-Body Connection Audio CD by Dr. Mary Karapetian Alvord
- Anxiety-Free Kids: An Interactive Guide For Parents and Child by Bonnie Zucker Psy.D.
- Worried No More: Help and Hope for Anxious Children by Aureen Pinto Wagner, Ph.D.
Books for Reluctant Readers
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- Squish by Jennifer and Matthew Holm
- Bone Series by Jeff Smith
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
- Horrid Henry Robs the Bank by Francesca Simon
When your Dog Dies
- Dog Heaven by Cynthia Rylant
- What’s heaven by Maria Shriver
- The Fall of Freddie the Leaf by Leo Buscaglia, Ph.D.
- Tear Soup
- Mr. Rogers has a nice brochure called “Talking with young children about death.“
- The Truth about Children and Divorce: Dealing With the Emotions So You and Your Children Can Thrive, by Robert Emery, Ph.D.
- Mom’s House, Dad’s House: Making Two Homes for Your Child, by Isolina Ricci Ph.D.
- The Care and Keeping of You: The Body Book for Younger Girls, Revised Edition by Valorie Schaefer – Ages 8+
- The Care and Keeping of You 2: The Body Book for Older Girls by Cara Natterson – Ages 10+
- The Care and Keeping of Us by Cara Natterson – A sharing collectin for Girls & their moms
- It’s So Amazing!: A Book about Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies, and Families (The Family Library) by Robie H. Harris – Ages 7-10
- It’s Not the Stork!: A Book About Girls, Boys, Babies, Bodies, Families and Friends (The Family Library) by Robie H. Harris – Ages 4-8
- How You Were Born (Paperback) by Joanna Cole, Margaret Miller – Ages: 4-8
- The Boy’s Body Book: Everything You Need to Know for Growing Up YOU (Boys World Books) by Kelli Dunham (Author), Steven Bjorkman (Illustrator) – Grade: 4+
- American Medical Association Boy’s Guide to Becoming a Teen by American Medical Association – Kate Gruenwald Pfeifer – Age: 10+
Sexual Abuse & Stranger Danger
Stranger Danger and Tricky People
Talking to teens
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber